21 Jul LOVE = REACH Day 38
Yesterday, it rained, and I thought how welcome rain is here in the Summer in Central Florida. When I lived in Kentucky I hated rainy days. I knew that our sunshine was limited and I didn’t want anything to hinder those moments. However, here in the heat I have found the rain is a gift. It made me stop and think about how when you are in a dry place that rain brings such a refreshing.
- Nutritionist insist that 80% of people are dehydrated
- The 150 lb body contains 40-50 qt of water
- Blood is 83% water
- Muscles 75%
- Brain 74%
- Bone 22%
The body cannot exist without water.
- When your body is dehydrated your blood is thicker and has to work harder
- Have you ever felt like things are hard that shouldn’t be hard
- Have you ever felt like you have been working overtime to do everything!
- It’s because you are dehydrated.
- When you get dehydrated you can’t focus
Much of the church is unfocused, and tired. As much as the natural body needs to be refreshed so does our spiritual body!
Rain represents the favor and blessing of the Lord in the Bible
If you live by my decrees and obediently keep my commandments, I will send the rains in their seasons, the ground will yield its crops and the trees of the field their fruit. You will thresh until the grape harvest and the grape harvest will continue until planting time; you’ll have more than enough to eat and will live safe and secure in your land.
6-10 “I’ll make the country a place of peace—you’ll be able to go to sleep at night without fear; I’ll get rid of the wild beasts; I’ll eliminate war. You’ll chase out your enemies and defeat them: Five of you will chase a hundred, and a hundred of you will chase ten thousand and do away with them. I’ll give you my full attention: I’ll make sure you prosper, make sure you grow in numbers, and keep my covenant with you in good working order. You’ll still be eating from last year’s harvest when you have to clean out the barns to make room for the new crops.
11-13 “I’ll set up my residence in your neighborhood; I won’t avoid or shun you; I’ll stroll through your streets. I’ll be your God; you’ll be my people. I am God, your personal God who rescued you from Egypt so that you would no longer be slaves to the Egyptians. I ripped off the harness of your slavery so that you can move about freely.
- When we walk in obedience it releases the rain
- Everything begins with rain
- When rain comes – joy comes
- When rain comes – the harvest comes
- There is a pre-requisite found in scripture for the rain: “IF YOU OBEY”
- Rain brings abundance
- 4 – I will give you regular rain, but what it yields will be supernatural!
- When the rain comes things start to happen
- Because of the rain, you will eat and be satisfied
- Trees will be loaded down!
God knows a lot more than we know. He knows how rain is made. He explained the process in the book of Job. As the sun beats down on the earth, there are vapors that rise up from the earth. Those vapors impregnate the clouds. When the clouds get so impregnated with rain they explode and fall to the ground.
When you worship you impregnate the clouds above you and rain falls.
When the rain falls the earth begins to bare fruit. I believe as we obey and worship Him He will send the rain. The rain (His Spirit) will bring a harvest of souls! REACHING isn’t hard when He is in it!
Remember: Thirsty people will do whatever it takes. So as I close I leave you with the famous words: “Stay thirsty My Friend.”
Be glad you children of the presence of God!
He will cause the rain to come down for you!
Remember, in the natural realm everything hinges on rain. Without it nothing lives. Rain in the natural feeds the world. The body needs it to quench our thirst. Our bodies cannot survive without water. The church cannot survive with HIS rain.